If you identify that your tape archive systems are costing you too much money to maintain and run, and you wish to conduct a risk assessment for moving to a new system, then Saracen would be able to assist you.
Saracen can assist in indexing archival tapes as part of the risk assessment to ensure we have the correct metadata on the archives if you wish to retain these tapes with less frequent restores.
If you anticipate higher volume of restores then you might even want to look at migrating the archival tapes onto a new improved more efficient archive system as result of a merger, due diligence check or Legal proceedings. Archive migration process will be:
- In-depth analysis of client's requirements and desired results
- Identification of existing data, systems and media
- Indexing and cataloguing of the existing backup data
- Data audit and data health check
- Data extraction
- Data de-duplication
- Data conversion and migration
- Replication of the backup system to the new target formats and media
And if you have any tape restoring problems and you need to conduct a data recovery exercise to see what data can be salvaged, then please get in touch and we will be delighted to help.