Every company, business or organistion needs disaster planning. This should not only be part of the records management policy but a wider recovery plan including all logistics of business continuity, should disaster fall...
Data recovery is by no means all of a disaster plan and even within the IT function data may not be able to replace systems.
Disaster Recovery Battle Box
A battle box contains the elements or tools essential in reducing the impact and mitigating disruption. It should be available to authorised personnel only as it may be expected to contain confidential information. There should be the ability to draw down cash for immediate expenses, fares, snacks etc.
Typical contents may include to limited or varying degrees:
- Copies of all plans and contact details
- Asbestos log
- Small tool set
- Plastic bags for collection purposes
- Tape & labels
- Insurance Papers, Chequebook, Stationary/ Company seals
- Other essential papers, such as Bank details, sales records, gross profit records
- First Aid Kit, Radio and spare batteries
- Torch and megaphone plus spare batteries for radio, tape
- Disposable camera with flash
- Message pads and flip chart, Coloured pens and pencils, chalk
- A charged-up mobile phone & an old-fashioned plug-in phone
- Water/ Food Supplies
- Small Generator